- If you spill anything solid on your carpet try to scrape off as much excess solids as possible with a blunt knife. Be careful not to damage the carpet fibres by rubbing the carpet. If a gentle scraping does not remove excess solids do not continue with this process.
- Once the excess solids are removed, use the process as described above for liquids to try to get out excess staining.
- If your stain is still visible on the carpet please contact Superior Carpet Care for assistance. Stain Removal is a very specialised field of carpet cleaning and many carpet cleaners do not have the skills to carry out processes to rectify carpet stains.
Things to understand:
- Some foods and drinks contain food dyes. Depending on the type of carpet you have, the carpet will react with the dyes in different ways. There is no simple remedy for removing dyes from carpet. Call 1300 130 441 if you have any discolouration on your carpet that has not been removed through the above steps.
- If you spill bleach on the carpet, removing the bleach will not bring back the colour. The are specialised colour repair specialists who can rectify this situation.
- Often chemicals you find in the supermarket have a more severe effect on the carpet than professionally used chemical. Be careful what you use – many commonly found chemicals can cause more damage than good.
- There are many urban myths about how to remove stains from carpet – more often than not they cause more harm than good.